Differences, Disorders, and Disabilities
(as referenced on page 37 of Rethinking School: How to Take Charge of Your Child’s Education, by Susan Wise Bauer)
Throughout this website, we offer resources for parents whose children have learning differences, learning disorders, and learning disabilities. These include:
- Our Learning Challenges and Accelerated Learner parent forums
- Resources for dysgraphia and dyslexia
- Help for parents of twice-exceptional students
- Guidance on when to seek evaluation
Consider these additional helps as well:
- Allergies can cause, or mimic, learning troubles.
- Eye teaming difficulties can look like reading disabilities.
- Vision therapy can help some struggling readers.
- Be alert for signs of mild hearing loss, which strongly affects learning.
- Autism has multiple manifestations and can delay or halt academic progress.
- Learning specialists can be an enormous help.